Welcome back! I hope everyone had a good Monday!
Today we’ll cover different affirming sentences, examples, and tips to keep in mind when you start!
Some of you may be thinking that you could say, “I am confident!” a million times and not believe it. That’s because your subconscious mind starts arguing with you when you say an affirmation. Instead of saying:
I am confident!
You can say:
I am gradually becoming more confident.
When you add the words ‘gradually becoming’ to the affirmation, it becomes much more believable. When I added ‘one step closer’ or ‘one day closer’ to my affirmations, I saw much more progress! It’s easier to forgive yourself for not being where you want to be if you tell yourself that you’re on your way there.
Here are some affirmations that I love and/or repeat to myself daily:
- I am a confident and centered woman.
- I am full of energy.
- I am one step closer to achieving my goals.
- I positively impact those around me.
- I am in charge of my life.
- I am energetic, enthusiastic, and excited.
- I am fierce and fearless.
- I am one day closer to my perfect weight.
I absolutely love these!
Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind when you start this journey:
- Affirmations need emotion behind them.
- You have to feel the affirmation. It won’t work if you say, “I am confident” to yourself in a very shy and meek voice or tone. If it takes you yelling this affirmation to make you feel like it sounds strong, then do that. I yell that affirmation in the car sometimes and I love it!
- Repetition is key!
- Repeat them as many times as you can a day! I think of it as a tally of my positive self talk. The more times I say my affirmations, the higher the tally.
- Affirmations and journaling are two self care habits that work great together.
- If confidence is what you’re working towards, then journal about times when you showed confidence, times when you didn’t show confidence, how you could have responded confidently in those situations.
Think about these. Let it soak in. And lastly, try it out. You won’t know if this is the self care tactic for you until you try it out! Commit to doing this for one week. Set a timer for one minute and repeat your affirmation with as much conviction as humanly possible. Please let me know your results! Have a great day y’all!